Who is it for and what does it offer…
Set in attractive landscaped riverside gardens off Hale Street close to the centre of Ardee, our Village offers residents high quality, modern and stylish accommodation complimented by a secure community setting and the benefit of a host of on-site recreational and community based facilities.
Comprising of 42 traditional two bedroom bungalows, each home has been specially designed for the older person who wants companionship but also to remain independent within an environment that is safe, secure and caring. Residents continue to get the best out of life within a stimulating, secure and homely setting.
Should a persons needs change we have on hand a village based care team which will deliver packages of care tailored to meet that persons needs.
The Village community is a mix of people from the north east, other parts of Ireland and from overseas including the UK, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Everyone who lives here has a strong sense of belonging and security and in our independent community will continue to thrive in an environment dedicated to their needs, sense of privacy and independence.
All those in residence in the independent village have full access to enjoy the facilities and benefits on offer at Moorehall Lodge:
- all social activities
- Access to Ferdia House
- hair dresser
- regular mass in the Oratory
- home cooked meals
- Our independent living village is designed to enrich the lives of the people who live there by ensuring they have the same level of control and independence they are accustomed to but also the reassurance that help and assistance is never far away.
As well as all of the amenities on offer in Ardee, tere are excellent public transport and motorway connections to Dublin and Belfast, with Dublin Airport just 40 minutes drive away.
Each two bedroom bungalow is built and completed to the highest standards with a host of additional safety and reassurance features such as:
- Safe and secure environment with security gates
- Nurse call facility (under certain circumstances)
- Maintenance of all public common areas by maintenance team.
- Alarm Security in each home
- All homes are single storey with total accessibility for mobile and semi mobile people
- Fully fitted shower/bathroom
- Fully fitted kitchen and appliances
- PVC wood grain double glazing
- Low energy condensing boiler with gas heating
- Fully painted interior, fully fitted and fireplace fitted